I truly believe the shark suit sells it. There are no words for the awesomeness that this is. If I’m having a bad day, I come back to the cat on the rhoomba.
These biscuits are only the most bestest thing about Red Lobster ever. Back when I lived in Canada, it was a big deal to jump the border (legally, of course, and…ah…in a car) and head to those restaurants you could only find in the U.S. This was one of them. (The other was Jack in the Box and any grocery store that sold Ben and Jerry’s.) Below is a recipe I discovered on the Internets:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley (or ¼ teaspoon dried)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large bowl sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- Add the milk and cheddar cheese; stir to combine.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- While the biscuits are in the oven, stir together the 2 Tablespoons of melted butter, garlic powder and parsley.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and immediately brush with the topping mixture.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container or Ziploc bag at room temperature for up to 3 days.
This recipe makes 1 dozen biscuits of melt in your mouth awesome.